Plastic pollution is a growing problem that is having a devastating impact on our marine environments. That's why Hull Lib Dems are calling on the Council to help fight plastic pollution - add your name to back the campaign!
At September's Full Council meeting (Thursday 20 September) we will be calling on the Council to back our motion to tackle the problems of plastic waste and plastic pollution.
We think that Hull City Council needs to show real leadership by:
- working to increase levels of recycling across the city
- undertaking an audit of single-use plastics and replacing these with sustainable or reusable alternatives where practicable
- encouraging and supporting partners and arm’s length organisations to carry out their own single-use plastic audits
- working with local leaders in the fight against plastic pollution, including Hull University and The Deep
- writing to the Government in support of legislation and regulations to tackle plastic pollution and move towards the use of more sustainable alternatives
Add your name to our campaign to send the message - we care about the environment and we're ready to take on the fight against plastic waste and pollution in Hull.